Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy SUNDAY!! CUT THOSE COUPONS!

So I skipped Church (Bad Mama!) but it is quiet since the fam all went without me. So that is nice! :) I just got my sunday paper and cut coupons! This is one of the easiest and BEST ways to save money! I believe I save approximately 200 a month on just GROCERIES. That's a pretty nice savings. For our family of 4 (AND we eat way more then normal people for some reason!) we spend about 500. I could easily do it on 400 but we have some extras. And we do eat eat meat EVERY night. That 500 includes all cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, etc. So not too bad. It could be better thou! Since I was in school (lpn) for the past year I had to slack a bit on coupons. But I am trying to get back in the game! 

My best advice: GET A BINDER and THE PLASTIC BASEBALL CARD HOLDERS!!  CLIP YOUR COUPONS and put them in the card holders! Then organize it by cleaners, meats, etc. It will be SOME WORK. But you will have everything at your fingertips! Which will bring that food bill way down!

I know a lot of people say they don't use coupons because generic is cheaper! A lot of times I find that NOT to be the case. A lot of NAME BRAND items you can get FREE or dirt cheap! But with most things- YOU have to put some work into it! That being said, it's not really HARD work. You can do it while your sitting watching tv. 

That is one of the biggest things I had to learn to do. Make better use of my time! Because I no longer have a lot of EXTRA time, I just had to be smarter with my time!

Just set an hour or two aside on Sundays. Get your Sunday paper! (delivery is very nice.) Cut your coupons, put them in their spot in your organizer and then go threw the sales ads! Make a game plan up. And your set! It really is that easy. If you have any specific questions.. please let me know! I would love to be as much as help as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment